Sunday, February 6

50s Vintage Kitsch Collectables You Wish You Owned

And I wish I owned them too.

Unfortunately none of these beauties are mine....maybe one day.



Coffee table/magazine rack with glass insert.

Super-kitsch 'deer' table lamp, the baton holder is in the base behind the 'screen. These were also made in a wall hanging style.


Gorgeous when lit up, they have really gone up in price within the past year.


Stunning 50s chocolate brown wool dress...

....which I'd match with this bakelite-handled bag. 

 
And then, overcome by my stupendous outfit, I might just need to relax in one of these fabulous armchairs.


And for the 70s freaks, how are these purple kitchen chairs? Glam-plus, I say! I can somehow see Helga! reclining along these...



These Kartell lamps are hugely collectable now, snap them up before their price goes up in to the thousands.


And how gorgeous is this 50s starburst plastic ribbon lampshade!


I'd just about knock a granny sideways to grab one of these!


I love 50s black and yellow stuff, this Bendigo pottery ashtray being no exception.


What a fabulous shape. *Le sigh*.

Tell me, what fabulous stuff have you been eyeing off lately??

14 comments:

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Love the blue chairs!

There is little I really, really want these days.

The same pair of modest lamps Mom used to have in the master bedroom.

To get the work done in the house it needs (where all my real money will go), and to find the time to make some mid-century artworks for my walls.

50's things are getting so pricey these days!

And to keep the "clutter" to a minimum, I'm being really picky about what I buy. =)

Straight Talking Mama! said...

I love the lampshades, very very cool!

Zootsuitmama said...

I have a lot of things I would like to have, and I'm never above changing things around if I get the find of a lifetime! I think it's the thrill of finding things for a bargain at the thrifts or garage sales that I'm hooked on. And decorating! My mom had the living room the same for years! She just doesn't understand me rearranging all the time!

Vix said...

I love that Kartell lamp! It's orange, it's plastic, it's perfect.
I saw one of those stag wall mounted lamps at a car boot last year, the bloke only wanted a quid but Jon declared it was hideous. xxx

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

My fave are the teal armchairs and Bendigo ashtray. Who knew Bendigo pottery was ever so cool! x

Kitty said...

Vix- you should have bought that lamp for resale, one went for $140 here a couple of weeks ago.

Penny- exactly, I always think of that revolting brown 80s stuff when I think of Bendigo Pottery but I guess there's more to it than that!

Vintage Coconut said...

Seriously?? I WANT IT ALL!! GAH! why must you tempt us with these lucious pictures?? LOL

p.s. I saw Helga on those chairs too! =D

Jennie said...

Hello Kitty,
I love that stag lamp & I want to go booting with Vix if thats the sort of treasure she comes across...I've never seen anything like that at my boot sales :(
The Kartell lamp makes me think of an orange plastic IKEA chair that we had back in the late 70s, it was called 'SKOPAN'= (the scoop)there are pics on google if you are interested.
I do love orange things :)
The dress is also utterly divine.
Take care luv,
Jem
...xXx

Unknown said...

I love that bag and the dress, and those blue chairs the arms on them are amazing. The one thing i would really like is a nice 50's retro lamp base and shade i will know when i see it. Hope you have had a nice weekend, dee x

The Self-Raising Kitchen said...

That dress is stunning, Kitty. Love it!

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Gorgeous pieces Kitty. The handbag with the bakelite handle is my favourite. I'm strangely attracted to the deer lamps too xx

Kerry Curl said...

congratulations and what a gorgeous array of items!!! x

Editor said...

Enjoyed this collection of 50's items so much that we just had to feature a link to it on our site.
http://everythingcroton.blogspot.com/2012/09/more-everything-crotons-fbaulous.html

Really liked the deer kitsch!

Unknown said...

LOVE THAT DEER LAMP!!! Oh to have a piece like that in the home. Adorable. And the midnight blue/purple like chairs are just as stunning. The light sky/turquoise chairs look like something similar hubby and I found on the roadside a little while ago. Handmade by the looks of things. We couldn't bring it to the new home tho, we downsized and there was no place to put it, so off to the local charity store it went - and sold! Kel x