Monday, July 4

Some Vintage for Me...

HOW can you sell that??! It's so beautiful!! Don't you want to keep it??

I must have been asked these questions thousands of times by now.

In fact, if I had a dollar for each such question, I might not be selling so many pretty things!

But I do keep some bits and pieces myself. Of course I do. Here's a few I've been wanting to show you.




Blue glass comport. I hardly have any glass pieces so I thought this was as good a place as any to start.




maybe someone can enlighten me about its origins?





Remember the plastic ribbon lamp I showed you here? I found one in a colour I like much better! This one is missing its 'innards' though, so it'll remain a display piece for a while, i.e. until I bother getting it rewired.





Noritake duos. I normally wouldn't buy a part set but I really love this pattern. (The black cup is holding the saucer up).




Set of 6 50s/60s parfaits. Rather difficult to see here but there are lovely starbursts all over.
Walter Steiger heeled brogues! I was super-excited to find these at Suitcase Rummage this morning. Full leather, even the laces are leather, I'm really looking forward to wearing these.





Pretty fringed shade for my main lounge room light. Of course it doesn't match anything...in fact the whole room is a big mish-mash, but it will do for now!

13 comments:

polkadotpeticoat said...

I adore that blue dish and those shoes.....all of it was amazing!
It's such a thrill to find treasures we love!

Vix said...

I love those shoes and that fringed lamp, too. Hope to see you be wearing those babies in Friday's frock post! x

Natasha said...

I love brogues so I can see why you'be kept them, they're lovely. And I really like the Noritake duos too, the design's really cool. And you're right about the camera's, it's all about composition! xxx

Vintage Coconut said...

Lovely stuff kitty!
The ribbon lamp is gorgeous and I love the cup and saucers rather alot!

A Thrifty Mrs said...

*sigh* I JUST love it all. LOVE IT.

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Love the shoes :)

Helga said...

Firstly,I'm totally SQUEEEEEING over Friday's frock! It's heavenly,and you look rather minxy in it,I delcare!!! Such a pretty print,and the pleats are unuaual!
Secondly,you MUST keep a few goodies for yourself,but you couldn't possibly have room for ALL the goodies you must come across! I'm very into the blue comport and the ribbon lampshade!YUMMY!
XXX
PS-yay for becoming seduced by the delights of jewellery!

the old boathouse said...

Snap on the first bit ha. I was only saying to someone recently I wonder how many football fields of furniture we have owned over the years let alone cleaned. The shoes are very cute! When ever I find shoes I like they never fit. I always love seeing what, out of all the things people like us get, we decide to keep. xx Katherine

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Dear Kitty, hope all's good with you.

I love the pieces you've kept. It must be really hard! I buy my friends Christmas presents that I like so much I end up buying myself the same, unless it's vintage.

The blue glass is such a beautiful colour and I'm a sucker for a bit of fringing xx

Lyndel said...

OH the shoes♥ I had a lovely pair too recently, but as always, the best shoes are NEVER in my size, or if they are my Size...they still dont fit!

Frocktasia said...

Hi Kitty,
I love that blue glass, it's stunning!
To hell with matching stuff, I much prefer a quirky mish-mash of gorgeous things.
That lampshade is 'da bomb'...I'd love tohave one of those.
Yesterday when I went on my epic boot sale jaunt I saw lots of knick-knacks that made me think of you.
This one lady was selling a 70s perspex & chrome circular three tier coffee table in perfect condition and she was only wanting £10 for it...if I'd had my own transport & a donkey to carry all my other loot I would have snapped it up in a heartbeat.
Take care luv,
Jennie
xXx

Kerry Curl said...

Blue glass *swoon* that's divine, also love that shade x

doradadama said...

Kitty,
I love the blue glass, the lamp and the shoes, your going to look great in those cute shoes.
lampshade is rather stunning too amor.